Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

The PetsitUSA Blog

    The PetsitUSA Blog


    Product Review: The Pet Rider seat cover

    Posted: 02 Nov 2011 01:05 PM PDT

    As a pet sitter I’ve had plenty of pets in my car and with my old car it really showed after a while. Fortunately now it’s just my dogs who ride in my car, so even though it’s obviously a dog-friendly car, it’s not getting as worn as the old one.

    I’ve thought about getting a seat cover designed especially for dogs but have always just used an old blanket instead. I’d tuck it in at various places on the seat to get it to stay. Sometimes it stayed, sometimes it didn’t. It’s is easy enough to pull out of the car and shake clean, but grass always seems to stick to it. And, since it ended up on the floor too many times to count, my car got dirtier than it would have if I’d had an actual seat cover.

    A couple months ago I was asked if I’d like to try the Pet Rider, and now I’m kicking myself for not getting a seat cover sooner. The Pet Rider is so much easier to deal with than a blanket. Here’s what I like about it:

    • The fasteners to attach it around the headrests on the back seat keep it from sliding down like the blanket did.
    • It has slots to pull the seat belt through so I can fasten the dogs’ in their harnesses without any trouble.
    • The Pet Rider is waterproof, and cleans up in the washer.

    The seat cover does slide around a little bit, but not much. I’m not having to redo it every time I load the dogs in the car, which is what I had to do with the blanket. And, unlike the blanket, when I pull the seat cover out of the car and shake it, grass doesn’t stick like it does to a blanket.

    The Pet Rider is only $14.99 and you can order it directly from their website, PetRider.com.