Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

The PetsitUSA Blog

    The PetsitUSA Blog


    It’s a kitty conspiracy!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2011 08:00 AM PDT

    The feline world is conspiring against me.

    I grew up with cats but, as an adult, didn’t have one for many years because I’m allergic to them. But, in a weak moment, I let my friend Sabra talk me into bring home a little kitten she had found. (that’s a different conspiracy story!) It didn’t take long though for that little kitty to snuggle her way into a permanent place in my heart many years ago.

    In 2010 big, bad, ugly cancer came along and took Tequila away from me. It was fast. Within a few weeks my long time friend went from being happy and healthy to being gone. And even though she’s been gone for more than a year and a half I still miss her. She doesn’t try to help me type. I don’t hear her little “ooomrow” when she wants attention. She doesn’t tear through the house like a wild animal. Nor does she carry out evil plots to get the dogs all riled up and in trouble. I suppose I’ve adjusted to her absence but I miss her terribly. Anybody who has loved and lost a pet knows exactly what I’m talking about.

    I haven’t felt ready to bring another cat into my life yet, but lately I’ve been starting to feel the tug. On one hand I feel like I’ll be untrue to Tequila if I open my home and heart to another cat. On the other hand, I know there’s a cat out there who needs me. And I really do miss having feline energy in my house.

    I’m getting close to bringing a new little lion home, and the cat world is conspiring to push me into doing it.

    I was at my brother Alex’s house the other day. He and his girlfriend have cats. My favorite is Tommy, aka Rat Master T (you figure it out!), a former badass street cat. He was a tough guy who decided he needed to put down some roots and moved in with my mom about 8 years ago. Mom had very little say in the matter but happily welcomed him into her home. After she passed away, Tommy went to live with Alex, where he lives a pretty cushy life. Although he’s a real pussycat of a cat, he doesn’t want anybody to know it and can be a bit standoffish at times. He has that whole street cat thing to live up to, you know. Anyway, when I was over there a few days ago, Tommy was as sweet as can be. In fact, he hasn’t been this sweet in a heck of a long time. He wanted to be petted and fussed over, and looked at me in that oh so adoring way. It just made my heart melt.

    After Tommy had his way with me, one of the other cats, Tasha, had to come say hello. She gave me more of the same! And no, it wasn’t near dinner time, so they weren’t just asking for food. They simply felt the need to give me some special kitty attention. I soaked up all the kitty love Tasha had to bestow on me, which was a lot, and felt her continuing the message  where Tommy left off. It was like they had set it up ahead of time. She and Tommy both made me feel like I should open my heart and home to another cat right then.

    After Tasha jumped down from my lap, I stood up before another cat had a chance to come schmooze. I shook off the warm fuzzy kitty feeling and came home to do some work. When an email from a friend came through I got a little sidetracked. She wanted me to look at her new Facebook page. Cats, of course! And who did the very first cat remind me of? You guessed it. Tequila. The sweet face on that little girl looked enough like Tequila to remind me of her, but just different enough to remind me there’s somebody else out there who needs me.

    Ok, kitties, I get the message. It won’t be long.

    Photo: Tommy